Register your team today to participate in the Inaugural 2017 Dallas Landing Dragon Boat Festival. Gather friends, family, coworkers, or members of a community organization for an unforgettable day on the water. Dragon Boat Racing is a great sport for men and women of all ages and abilities. No special skills are necessary to participate.
Each dragon boat holds a maximum of 20 paddlers, a drummer, and steersperson. Your team should consist of 21 people, with 2 or 3 alternates. Teams entering the Dallas Landing Dragon Boat Festival must have a mixed crew with a minimum of 8 female paddlers in the boat. To qualify as a Cancer Survivor team, the roster must have a minimum of 14 cancer survivors.
Starting a Team
- The Team Captain will recruit the paddlers, alternates, and a drummer. A steersperson, life jackets, and paddles will be provided for practice and the race. Each boat must have a minimum of 8 female paddlers. A team with fewer than 16 paddlers on race day will not be permitted to race. We provide the boat.
- All Captains must register their teams online for the Festival completing the Registration Form, paying the Registration Fee and submitting the Team Roster.
- The Captain is responsible for having each teammate download, print, and sign the Waiver for the Festival. The Captain is responsible for turning in the completed Waivers on the morning of the race.
- After the team is registered, the Captain will be contacted to choose a one hour practice time on either Thursday or Friday between Noon and 7 pm before Race Day.
- Each team is responsible for providing a tent for its members on race day. Paddlers should take their own chairs, coolers, and lots of sunscreen for their comfort between races.
- All teams are encouraged to do individual fundraising in addition to the registration fee to help support the cancer outreach organizations which will benefit from the Dallas Landing Dragon Boat Festival. Recruit family and friends to donate on your team’s behalf. There will be an award for the team that raises the most money!
2017 Registration Fees
Corporate Teams: $2000 USD
These teams are supported by a for-profit business. Any team providing recognition to a corporate or business entity through the use of or placement of the business name as part of their identity on team signage, team tent, team uniforms, or promotional items for display or distribution falls into this category.
Community Teams: $1200
Community teams are comprised of paddlers brought together through community, social, club, or family network. Examples of community teams include colleges, families, high schools, neighborhoods, religious organizations, and amateur sports clubs.
Community Service Teams: $1200
These teams are comprised of community service workers and their friends, or family. Examples include, but are not limited to: Firefighters, Police Officers, EMT workers, Government Workers, Non-Profits, Mail Carriers.
Out of State Teams: $1,000
Any team traveling from outside the state of Georgia to the Festival is eligible for this category.
Cancer Survivor Teams: $800
A team comprised of 14 or more cancer survivors is eligible for this category.
Individual Registration: $60
Individuals may register to be placed on a Composite Team. The same rules apply regarding age and number of females in each boat as for the other teams. In the event that there are not enough paddlers signed up to form a full team by April 30, the Registration Fee will be refunded.
Important Note: The Dallas Landing Dragon Boat Festival reserves the right to review all team entry categories and will notify teams if they are registered in the incorrect category. Failure to register in the appropriate category in a timely manner will result in being disqualified from participating in the Festival.