Thank you for your interest and support in the Loving Arms Cancer Outreach (LACO) Patient Assistance Program. LACO’s mission is to instill hope and joy as well as provide education and support to empower patients and their families throughout the cancer journey. To do this, LACO offers financial assistance to eligible patients in a crises as well as other forms of support.
In order to be eligible for assistance through the Patient Financial Assistance program, an applicant must:
- Reside within one of the following: (Bartow, Cobb, Carroll, Cherokee, Douglas, Paulding, Pickens)
- Have a current cancer diagnosis, certified by a healthcare provider
- Be in active treatment for cancer, or have completed active treatment within the last 18 months, or have declined active treatment and have been admitted to hospice care.
- Active treatment excludes long-term hormonal therapies such as Tamoxifen, Arimidex, etc.
- Have a current financial crisis that has been caused from a cancer diagnosis.
Services Offered At LACO:
- Financial assistance of up to $600 a year while eligible
- dependent on funds available and quantity of requests at the time
- Utility assistance and Gift Cards( Walmart, Kroger, Racetrack, Uber, Lyft)
Assistance with utility bills are not paid directly to patients; payments are made on their behalf to corresponding companies.
- Utility bills can be accepted in the name of spouse, partner or caretaker living at the same address
- We DO NOT pay medical bills or insurance, rent or mortgage payments, renter’s insurance etc.
Please Note that applications must be submitted by a referring professional or called into our office to complete an application with a LACO team member. The Statement of Treatment application must be filled out completely, including patient information, prescribing information, and appropriate signatures in order to be accepted. Statement of Treatment forms are NEVER to be given to patient.